The primary goal of any grand piano is to faithfully translate the musical intentions of the artist without getting in the way. The GX-2 was created to provide this rarefied level of transparency between the artist and the listener.
In 2017, it received the Product Excellence Award from Music Inc. Magazine. This coveted award, bestowed on only thirty products from among the thousands offered by the global music products industry, certified the GX-2′ s position as one of the finest grand pianos in the world.
Featuring the exclusive Millennium III Action with ABS-Carbon composites, the GX-2 offers the perfect combination of precision and nuance that will inspire the most passionate expressions of musical artistry. Experience the GX-2 to understand how it can transform your music for years to come.
- Length: 5’11” (180cm), Width: 5’1″ (153cm), Height: 3’4″ (102cm), Weight: 712 lbs. (324kg)
- Ebony Polished
- Ebony Satin, Snow White Polished
- Oak Satin
- Cherry Satin
- Dark Mahogany Polished
- Dark Mahogany Satin
- Brown Sapeli Mahogany Polished
- Kawai’s Exclusive Millennium III Action Featuring ABS-Carbon Technology with Carbon Fiber
- Exclusive NEOTEX Key Surfaces With moisture-absorbing properties for greater touch control
- Konsei Katagi Rim Utilizing a blend of distinctive hardwoods to achieve an ideal balance of tone
- Vertically Laminated Bridge with Solid Maple Cap For enhanced energy transfer
- Elegant Appointments Brass Lid Prop and Cups, Brass Finials on Plate, Beveled Lid Edges, Spade Legs
- Hard Finish Music Desk To preserve the piano s beauty
- Stretcher Over-Lap Integrated Design (SOLID) Double-width Stretcher Bar for optimum strength
- Extended Length Keysticks For more even response from the front to the back of each key
- Concert-Length Key Buttons Doubled in length to provide maximum energy transfer and optimum power
- Solid Spruce Precision Tapered Soundboard Permanently crowned for long-term stability
- Advanced Scale Designs Created in the Shigeru Kawai Research and Development Laboratory
- Dual-Duplex Scaling For added tonal richness
- Multi-Grip Pin Block Laminated with 11 plies
- Solid Brass Agraffes For even string spacing and easier tuning
- Steel-Reinforced, Multi-Laminated Keybed For strength and optimum energy transfer
- Steel-Reinforced Keyslip For strength and stability that avoids sticking keys
- V-Pro Plate Gray Iron with Crossbone Design
- Ultra-slow Soft Fall Fallboard Closing System
- Adjustable Artist Bench (Polished Ebony finish only)
- KAWAI Ten Year FULL Transferable Manufacturer s Warranty
To ensure your peace of mind and protect the value of your investment, every Kawai grand piano is covered by our Ten Year Fully Transferable Warranty. This warranty is the seal of Kawai craftsmanship and the assurance of your satisfaction for many years to come.